Why don't I have the time, you may ask? I'm busy taking freelance work to pay my bills. I'm grateful I have said skills to pay said bills, so that's not a complaint.
And I know it's risky to go around throwing theses, but I want to make some of my ideas public now in case Net Neutrality makes it harder for me to share them in the future. God forbid. The fight is still on, FYI.
A lot of these come from my days of teaching film waaaaay back in grad school.
If I didn't have to freelance anymore, I'd be creating content like this on a regular basis:
1. What's an Ephod? a.k.a. How God works in the Indiana Jones Universe
2. Conflict Trends in Film and how they reflect the decades in which they appear (or How I Went to see Star Wars and Every Preview was about war)
3. How Conspiracy Theorists Mistake Comedy Writing for "Predictive Programming"
4. How (and why) Modern Blockbusters Repeat the Theme of Physical Sacrifice
5. The Most Popular Film Genre of Each Decade, Beginning in 1900
6. Craft and Artistry on Film: How the Visual Representations of Sewing, Baking, Painting and More Are Used in Movies
7. How Movies Change With Us As We Age (and why our changing perceptions matter)
8. The Parody Effect: How Familiarity Transitions Horror Icons From Feared to Revered
9. In Defense of the Mary Sue (both male and female)
10. 10 Under Appreciated Costumed Performers
11. 10 Times Film and Television Characters Probably Had Migraines
12. Trends in Actings Choices: Pop Culture Moments vs. Bad Technique
13. How Pop Culture Answered Conservative Christianity in the 90's and 00's
14. The 7 Types of Conflict in Film
15. The Only 2 Types of Story in Film
16. Common Character Types You Can Find in (almost) Every Story
17. 10 Opening and Closing Images from Famous Films
18. 10 Opening and Closing Images from Beloved TV Series
19. What is a Story Arc and How Does It Function?
20. Pop Culture Criticism 101: Learning the Difference Between "That's bad," and, "I don't like it."
21. Why The Big Sick is the Greatest Modern Rom-Com of the 21st Century (To Date)
22. Tracking the Origins and Patterns of the Religious Words We Use in Modern Colloquialism (queen, king, blessed, etc.)
23. How News Headlines Are Chosen (according to my former professor who worked at CNN)
24. What Are Style Cycles at Film Studios?
25. 10 Historic Uses of Symbolic Color In Film
What's that, you say? You'd like me to create such content? Here's how you can help! Support my brand new Patreon page and visit this page and click on Stories where you can read about some more content I'd like to create.
Or, we can create a corporate sponsorship or pay me directly to create one of these. I'm worth it, I promise.